Zulema (Cusseaux)

Zulema Cusseaux was born in Tampa, Florida. She, Brenda Hilliard and fellow Tampa native Albert Bailey formed the trio the Lovelles, who morphed into Faith, Hope and Charity when they met producer Van McCoy and scored a hit with So Much Love (1970) on Maxwell records. Zulema left the label for Sussex, and released two solo albums, with Hilliard and Bailey doing occasional backing vocals. After a second album, the singer signed to RCA. She also appeared on the Save the Children Soundtrack (Motown 1973) with her anthem This Child of Mine.

Zulema – Zulema (Sussex 1972)

Tracklist: I Leave It Up To You, This Child Of Mine, If I Loved You, Maybe I'm Amazed, If This World Was Mine, Don't Be Afraid, Why Do I Love You, American Fruit, African Roots, Ain't It Sad, I Remember Mama.

Her self-titled solo album, includes the beautifull American Fruit, African Roots and a cover of If This World Were Mine.


Zulema Cusseaux – Ms. Z (Sussex 1973).

Tracklist: Giving Up, I Was So Wrong, I Was There, Tree, You Changed On Me, Love Has Flown, Love Train, I'm Watchin' You, Hold Back The Night, Telling The World Good-Bye

Her second album, produced by Bobby Taylor.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten